KDE 3.0 Problems: launching Galeon from KMail and shutting system down

Jeremy Lunn jeremy at austux.net
Fri Sep 6 05:09:00 BST 2002

On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 01:16:37PM -0500, Robert Black Eagle wrote:
> For one, have you tried Ctrl-Alt-Esc and putting the skull and crossbones
> cursor over Konqueror to kill it?

Konqueror isn't running and Ctrl-Alt-Esc does nothing.

> Have you looked at the output of .xsession-errors (in your user directory)?

Just had a play around with it then.  Nothing is outputted to
.xsession-errors until I pressed Ctrl-Alt-Del after it froze up after
three attempts to shut down.  The output follows:

ICE default IO error handler doing an exit(), pid = 626, errno = 0
ICE default IO error handler doing an exit(), pid = 546, errno = 0
ICE default IO error handler doing an exit(), pid = 449, errno = 0
ICE default IO error handler doing an exit(), pid = 455, errno = 0
ICE default IO error handler doing an exit(), pid = 453, errno = 0
ICE default IO error handler doing an exit(), pid = 451, errno = 2
kdesud: ERROR: Fatal IO error, exiting...
kdeinit: Fatal IO error: client killed
kdeinit: sending SIGHUP to children.
KLauncher: Exiting on signal 1
klauncher: Fatal IO error: client killed
/usr/bin/x-session-manager: artsshell: command not found
kdeinit: sending SIGTERM to children.
kdeinit: Exit.

> It will tell you what is going on.  Sounds like a problem with the
> installation.

Any idea what?

Thanks,

Jeremy