KDE 3.0 Problems: launching Galeon from KMail and shutting system down

Ralf Sternberg ralf.sternberg at student.uni-tuebingen.de
Thu Sep 5 16:12:45 BST 2002

Am Donnerstag,  5. September 2002 12:33 schrieb Jeremy Lunn:

> Sometimes the whole interface even freezes up and I have
> to press CTRL+ALT+DEL to kill X, after which the shutdown process starts
> by itself.

I often have the same problem. Anyway, you can always kill X with
Ctrl-Alt-Backspace without shutting the system down.

> I've already been told from the point of view of an end user that
> "Linux" is just no good and it's too hard. ...

Isn't this a consumer's point of view? If at first you don't succeed it's
just "no good". Remember that Linux is a gift - nobody wants to sell it to
you. But sure lots of people trying to make the best out of it.

rara