KDE 3.0.3 - Unable to lock screen

Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold friz at godshell.com
Tue Sep 3 14:10:24 BST 2002

On Fri, 2002-08-30 at 17:25, MH wrote:
> Le Jeudi 29 Août 2002 20:05, Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold a écrit :
> > Hehe...  If I run it from the command line, it works perfectly..
> > However, the applet that appears on the taskbar is apparently broken.
> Have you checked your ~/.xsession-errors (or any equivalent, if you're no
> running SuSE)?

Yes, just checked ...  aside from a lot of complaining about esd (wasn't
aware I was running that, actually) there's nothing out of the ordinary

Well, at least for now I can run it from the command line.  Would be
nice to just hit the applet button.  (of course, I can always create my
own icon...  just seems that the applet button should work since that's
what it's there for)

> > Any idea if there's a way to turn on debugging?
> Hmm good question, I know that if you compile with --enable-debug, all
> warnings, errors will be logged. But it would be nice to be able to turn this
> on by changing  a value in a configuration file, anyone know if it is
> possible and which rc file?

That would be nice...  :)  Of course, the ability to do that would have
to be compiled in and that just adds to executable size...  Seems
everyone wants everything to run fast and small...  That kinda leaves
out any debug possibilities....

--
Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold
friz at godshell.com
RedHat Certified - RHCE # 807302349405893