How to change fontsize in the Help system ?

Mark Constable markc at renta.net
Mon Sep 2 12:58:08 BST 2002

On Monday 02 September 2002 20:09, Larry wrote:
> Some of the suggestions applied to the konqi file manager as opposed to
> the kdehelp center that you are refering to.

So it seems. I just checked my mothers KDE 2.2 system and it does
indeed have the pair of +/- text size icons and, overall, the
Help Center does seems like a simple extension of Konqueror.

> I guess you must be using kde3.1 Alpha/Beta?  At first I thought you meant

Yes.

> ver 3.0.1. But I have kde3.0.1 on one machine and kde3.0.3 on another
> and they both show the +mag and -mag icons for changing text size and
> are great IMO. But I see no way of configuring (i.e. adding icons) that
> particular help window even if I needed to.

Rightio.

> So  it looks like that feature was deleted in the the later Alpha/Beta.

Perhaps overlooked on the way to the final 3.1.

> I have a very small .jpg of just that area of the window that I can send
> you just so you know what everyone else is talking about, just let me
> know.

Thanks but I just looked at a live KDE 2.2 system. FWIW the current
KHelpCenter help actually details the two missing icons so I guess it's
an oversight and will show up in an upcoming release. This is a windowshot
of the KHelpCenter without these icons yet detailing their existance.

 http://markc.audio.opensrc.org/project/KHelpCenter.jpg

I was kinda hoping someone would know just the right XML config file
to edit so I could change one number from 12 to 24.

--markc