Screen Shot in KDE

Larry melurker at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 2 10:01:05 BST 2002

Adriaan:
Ctrl+Print *seems* to put it on the clipboard as "snapshot1.png but I haven't
been able to paste it anywhere after that so for me it doesn't work.

As has been suggested "import" is a very neat utility, see man import.

A little trick:
Since "import" is a command program and should you like to make a
a screenshot of the entire desktop but don't want the konsole (that you
just typed the import command in) to show in the screenshot use the
Kstart/run command method instead since it will disappear.
Larry