GnuPG and Taskbar clock

Robert racsw at frontiernet.net
Mon Oct 28 12:25:32 GMT 2002

Hi Terry,
  I aplologize for taking so long to reply.   The Linux system itself (not the
desktop environments) are actually altering the CMOS time.   If I boot into a
terminal, the time is screwed up.   It's not the same each time either.  It
isn't "creep" or "gain" we're talking about.   If I set the clock before
shutdown, it may read 3 hours later when I reboot 5 minutes later.
I check the CMOS time before booting and it is correct before I test.
Any suggestions on where in my system to look?
Is there a C call or system call that sets the CMOS time?  Maybe it's in the
init scripts somewhere.

Thanks,
Robert