Autostart runs the test editor instead of running scripts

Sean McGlynn sean at tmiau.com
Tue Oct 8 23:24:23 BST 2002

On Tuesday 08 October 2002 03:17, Phil Edwards wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 07, 2002 at 09:50:52PM -0400, Brian T. Schellenberger wrote:
> > Odd.  It works for me.  That's exactly what I do.
> >
> > Does your script start with #! ?
>
> Yep, they run fine when I fire them off from the command line; it's only
> firing up kde during login that gets it wrong.

Hello Phil,

You need to have a .desktop file in the Autostart directory describing
whatever you want to run. Have a look at the existing global ones in
$KDEDIR/share/autostart (note the little 'a' at the beginning of this
'autostart')

If a non .desktop file is found then I think it just gets loaded according to
whatever application is defined for it in File Associations. Your scripts are
probably recognised as being something like x-shellscript, files of which
type are, by default, opened by KWrite or Kate.

Cheers,
Sean
--
Sean McGlynn