Autostart runs the test editor instead of running scripts

Phil Edwards phil at jaj.com
Tue Oct 8 02:39:59 BST 2002

I have found no installed instructions/documentation on how to run scripts
(or really, anything else) out of personal Autostart directories under 2.2.2.

I've found that making a symlink to a system binary works, but writing
a script (say, to run that binary with some arguments) and marking that
script executable does not work; instead, the default text editor is run
on the script.  Not useful.  :-)

What do I need to change, and where, to make autostart Do The Right Thing?

Thanks,
Phil

                                                 - Edsger Dijkstra, 1930-2002