Konqueror & NS plugins

Jay Cornwall jay at evilrealms.net
Thu Oct 3 20:39:20 BST 2002

On Thursday 03 October 2002 10:25, Paulo Dias wrote:

> > As I've not had any problems before, and Mandrake 9.0 is my first GCC
> > 3.2-based system, could this be a conflict between the (presumably) GCC
> > 2.95-compiled Flash plugin and GCC 3.2-compiled KDE?

> do you have lesstif instaled? lesstif is need in order for netscape plugins
> to work with konqueror.

Yup, I made sure to install that (and it's devel package) before I compiled Qt
and KDE. Version 0.93, which should be fairly recent (Mandrake 9.0 packages).

> Also, test the flash plugin by going directly to www.macromedia.com, it as
> to work if the plugin is ok. (runs fine here). [..]

Same problem, the SWF doesn't get displayed. (I presume there's an error
message, but it's offset too far at the top of the screen to read).

> Also there was a bug in kde
> 3.0.1 that broke the netscape plugins with konqueror.. it was fixed in
> 3.0.2, don't know about 3.0.3.

I don't think it's a problem with KDE 3.0.3 - I had a Mandrake 8.2 install
with KDE 3.0.3 (built from source) and didn't have any problems with Netscape
plugins then.

Thanks for the suggestions, though.

Cheers,
Jay