Konqueror & NS plugins

Paulo Dias pcd at ieg.com.br
Thu Oct 3 10:25:07 BST 2002

On Wednesday 02 October 2002 22:06, Jay Cornwall wrote:
> Hi
>
> I recently built a KDE 3.0.3/Qt 3.0.5 system from source on a Mandrake 9.0
> install. I've built KDE many times before and haven't had any problems, but
> now I find I'm unable to load Netscape plugins.
>
> I've set the NS plugins directory to point to my Mozilla plugins directory,
> and KDE correctly finds the Shockwave Flash plugin I have installed. But if
> I try to visit a website which uses Flash, I get this message where the
> animation should be displayed:
>   Unable to load Netscape plugin for <swf file>
>
> The same pages view fine in Mozilla 1.1.
>
> As I've not had any problems before, and Mandrake 9.0 is my first GCC
> 3.2-based system, could this be a conflict between the (presumably) GCC
> 2.95-compiled Flash plugin and GCC 3.2-compiled KDE?

do you have lesstif instaled? lesstif is need in order for netscape plugins to
work with konqueror.
Also, test the flash plugin by going directly to www.macromedia.com, it as to
work if the plugin is ok. (runs fine here). Also there was a bug in kde 3.0.1
that broke the netscape plugins with konqueror.. it was fixed in 3.0.2, don't
know about 3.0.3.

best regards...

--
Paulo Dias