k3b does not detect /dev/cdrom

Michael Hoeller MichaelHoeller at t-online.de
Mon Nov 25 18:43:15 GMT 2002

Hi,

my k3b behaves strange, it only detects the generic devices one reader, one
writer - correctly
When I want to copy a CD, the reader is no longer visiable. When I want to add
/dev/cdrom /dev/cdrecored the system does not let me do this. Useing the
generic devices it bad anyway - I have temporaely an additional SCSI disc in
the system when I get rid of it the numbers change. Probalby they will chage
again when I swich on my SCSI scanner...

Hope someone can tell me how to setup /dev/cdrom /dev/cdrecorder.

thx
micha