KDE update procedure

Michael Hoeller MichaelHoeller at t-online.de
Mon Nov 25 18:30:56 GMT 2002

Hi folks,

I have updated my KDE constantly since version 1.x (don' remember the x), well
I came acrosse some problems but basically I got it always to work - somehow.

Now I had to install a new PC and I was really surpised, how KDE *could* look
if you install it from scratch. Specially the "keramik" design never showed
up on my old machine (sine I generally update with rpm -Fhv ....) also the
nice feature that a kscd starts when an audio CD is in the drive never was
implemented while I updated. I guess I kown why but:

What is the best strategie to update KDE, to get these new feature *and* keep
the current settings?

Thanks a lot
Michael