ARGHHH...Please save my sanity

Michael Dengler mike at bowes.com
Fri Nov 22 01:42:34 GMT 2002

Hi,

I am using KDE 3.01 on Slackware Linux 8.1.

I have some questions and any help would be much appreciated.

1. I would very much like to disable the "Klipper" application. I see
that it is being started via kdeinit and am wondering how I can stop
kdeinit from starting Klipper? (or any other application, for that
matter)

2. I notice in my process table that some apps are running that I never
wanted to run...such as gpilotd(palm-sync tool) and
gnome-name-service...these are gnome apps. Does KDE need them to run and
if not, how are these being started and how do I prevent it?

3. I am also using Evolution 1.0.8 and have noticed that since I
recently tried out the windowmaker desktop (fired it up, looked at it,
shut it down and went back to kde) the widgets in Evolution have
changed. (ie. dropdown arrows no longer have the nice "embossed" look to
them, selected items in my email folder now highlite with blue instead
of black...etc)

Thanks!

Mike