IrfranView

David Blomberg dblomber at libertec.com
Mon Nov 18 00:05:51 GMT 2002

David,

   Ok sounds like a nice fun issue (hopefully not too terrible)  The
cant open c:\Windows\infrnview_Sideshow.lst error is generated while you
are in Red Hat 7.3  which gives you an unusable icon on your desktop.
If this is the case you will need to create a new icon "appliacation
launcher" on your desktop--Linux file systems do not use c:\ in any way
aside from the butt of many jokes, so you are right it is an error
relating to Windows.

   Secondly the /mnt/CCC/data/my.jpg unable to change permissions you
should do a "ls -l /mnt/CCC/data" and see if you are the owner of the
my.jpg file if not this can be fixed by logging in as root and doing a
"chown <username> /mnt/CCC/data/my.jpg"  of cource this is a /mnt so is
this the windows partition?I only ask because if so chances are all the
files in that dir will be listed as owned by root!  so you might need to
do it to all the files rather than just the one to avoid further error
messages

Dave