Another kmail question

Niall O Broin niall at magicgoeshere.com
Sun Nov 17 21:45:15 GMT 2002

Well, three days into using kmail after years with mutt and I'm happy enough
(though I still wish there was a way to force kmail to select a particular
identity for a new mail based on the To: address (yes, I know I can do it if
I start a new mail from a particular folder, but that's not quite what I
mean))

But for now I've a different question. When I check mail, my incoming mail is
filtered as specified and in the folder list, I see red numbers after folders
where there are new mails. But I was once surprised to see far fewer new
mails than I knew there were. Turned out that most of the mail had gone into
sub folders whose parent folders were closed, and the parent folder isn't
show as having new mail. Is there any way of making a closed folder display
some indication that its subfolders have new mail ? If not, would its absence
be classified as a bug, or would its presence be a feature ?

Kindest regards,

Niall  O Broin