Kmail with imap-uw

Jim Durham durham at jcdurham.com
Mon Nov 11 17:07:34 GMT 2002

Hi... I'm new to this list but not kmail, I've been using it for about a year.
I checked the archives, but didn't see this mentioned.

I'm running kmail 1.4.3 with kde 3.03 using imap to the imap-uw server. I have
two identities and Iconnect to the server at work and at home, which is on a
DSL.  Both are imap-uw.

I get a lot of email, sometimes 200-300 messages in a folder on a weekend or
if I forget to read that imap folder for a day or two.

When reading my inbox in the morning at work, kmail ofter stops and the
progress bar at the bottom right starts progressing across, during which time
I can't do much. This happens quite often.

Since this is IMAP, and message bodies are not downloaded, what is it loading?
I also use pine for imap and don't see any of this behavior. I can't believe
downloading the headers would take 30 seconds or so.

Thanks,
Jim Durham.