cannot open help documents

Nick THOMPSON nickthompson at agere.com
Mon Nov 11 11:25:45 GMT 2002

It turns out khelpcenter works from a konsole, but not from Alt-F2 or
from kicker. I tried adding a definition for KDEDIR in startkde and
restarting - not sure if this is the right place, but I assume it should
work. Anyway it had no effect, so I don't think that is the problem. I
don't have any LD_LIBRARY_PATH setting either.