xfs

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Sat Nov 9 04:14:58 GMT 2002

I've actually somewhat figured it out-
I added /usr/local/share/fonts/ttfonts to the path of xfs
Mozilla, NEdit, etc. had no problem.
KDE apps (konquerer etc.) did not see them.
As it turns out, due to xtf or xft or whatever it is that does the
anti-aliasing for kde in RH8, I need to ALSO add the custom fonts
directory I made to /etc/fonts/fonts.conf

Hopefully this is just a temporary measure on Red Hats part (two config
files should not need to be messed with to make a custom fonts directory
available to all your apps), and in the future, a font server instead of
local files will be able to be used for anti-aliased fonts. But anyway-
my issue is solved for now, since /usr/local/share/fonts/ttfonts is now
in the path for both xfs and that anti-aliasing things, I can just
install my fonts that I get there.

Thanks.