xfs

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Thu Nov 7 00:01:39 GMT 2002

Michael A. Peters wrote:
> How do I configure KDE to get its fonts from a font server?
> It's a real to have to add a font to my font server and then add it
> again where KDE and its apps can find them ...
>
> I'm using the KDE 3 that came with Red Hat 8.0

You can't do that because KDE gets its fonts from XFree86 which -- if
you insist on using the font server (default with RedHat) -- gets its
fonts from the font server.

So, your premise is wrong, but you still have the problem that KDE
doesn't find some of your fonts.

Where and how did you install the fonts that KDE can't find??

Do these fonts show up when you run: "xfontsel"?

But not show up in: "kcharselect"?

If you have installed fonts that show up in: "xfontsel" and KDE can't
find them, I am puzzled. :-\

--
JRT