cannot open help documents

Nick THOMPSON nickthompson at agere.com
Fri Nov 8 12:09:24 GMT 2002

On Monday 30 September 2002 13:01, Xia Shang wrote:
> Hello,
> I can't open the help documents. Whenever I try it, the system says:
>
> An error occured while loading
help:/khelpcenter/index.html?anchor=welcome:
> Could not start process
> Unable to create io-slave:
> klauncher said: Error loading "kio-help".
>
> What packates do I need?
> Sincerely

This happens to me as well. I do have libxml2 and libxslt installed. The
problem seem to be that non of the html pages have been installed. I
used the RedHat7.3 RPM packages on the KDE web page. It has installed
loads of docbook files in /usr/share/doc/HTML/en, but no HTMLs were
installed in there. Is there a way to create these post install?

Thanks,
Nick.