Font problem.

Jarl Friis jarl at softace.dk
Thu Nov 7 11:44:45 GMT 2002

Hi.

I am new to this list.

I'm having font problems. Runing SuSE 8.1 with KDE3 I experience the
following font-problem.

I launched Konqueror and went to google, and see that The fonts now
used to render google-buttons (and other text) does not render the
danish characters "æ", "ø", "å".

At first glance I worked around it and uninstalled some non8859-1
fonts, but I consider this to be a hack.

I note that whatever I do in Konquerors appearance settings the
font-selection does not change the appearance of google (in danish).

I guess that is caused by google requesting a specific font family
(arial) hence the font-options (including encoding) under Konquerors
appearance settings are ignored (or overruled by something).

What can I do?
Is this a bug?

Jarl