configuring the konqueror profile or the .directory files

Philippe Hemmel phemmel at wanadoo.fr
Tue Nov 5 18:01:39 GMT 2002

Thank you Bern, but I've already tried that, and it doesn't work. And
when I see into the file of my new profile, I don't see anything
managing the sort order.

It's the same with the .directory file. It seems that it can just
memorize the type of view (icon or list) and the display of dot files.

Any idea ? (or documentations ! I like doc !)

Any documentations ? (I'd like to define a default configuration for all
users, sometime it's more convenient to change directly the global
configuration files, for instance for the profiles).

Best regards,

Philippe

Le mar 05/11/2002 à 16:44, Bern a écrit :
    On Wed, 6 Nov 2002 3:31 am, Philippe Hemmel wrote:
    > Hello everybody
    >
    > I'd like to know if it is possible to memorize a sort order in a
    > konqueror profile or in a .directory file. I haven't managed to do that.
    > Konqueror is a very powerful file manager, but it's a bit annoying to
    > set the sort order I prefer each time I run konqueror.
    >
    > Is there a way ? Does is exist a documentation for all the parameters
    > existing for konqueror profile or the .directory file ? I haven't found
    > it in the kde web site.
    >
    > Thank you !
    >
    > Philippe

    G'day Philippe,
    Try Settings-->Save View Profile "File Management" after making your
    adjustments.
    --
    Regards,
    Bern