Kicker dies at login

Magnus Ehinger magnus at ehinger.net
Thu May 30 21:52:25 BST 2002

This one, I can't solve by myself:

At login, Kicker simply doesn't start. It's very odd, since it does start in
any other account I create. If I open a terminal window, and try to start
Kicker from there, this is the response I get:

8<-----
QWidget::setMinimumSize: The smallest allowed size is (0,0)
QWidget::setMinimumSize: The smallest allowed size is (0,0)
kicker: crashHandler called
ERROR: KUniqueApplication: DCOP communication error!
[magnus at Melkisedek magnus]$ QWidget::setMinimumSize: The smallest allowed
size is (0,0)
QWidget::setMinimumSize: The smallest allowed size is (0,0)
ERROR: KUniqueApplication: DCOP communication error!
----->8

I'm running KDE 2.1 and Mandrake 8.2 on a AMD 1700 processor, if this
information is of any help.

I have tried to look in the archives of the KDE mail list, and there seems to
be (have been?) a similar problem with kicker in KDE v3.0? Question is then,
how was this resolved?

  /Magnus

--
Magnus Ehinger, fil. lic.