KDE appearance...

Brad kdeuser at capstone.net.au
Sun May 26 05:14:16 BST 2002

Well, I have just spent a lot of time tweaking and downloading lots of
TrueType fonts. I have installed them and configured the apps to run them,
but it still looks crappy.

Even the standard fonts on the blue KDE desktop are not nearly as easy to read
as the standard Win2K desktop fonts. Win2K looks so much better and fonts
seem much "cleaner". All the Linux fonts look "fuzzy" for want of a better
word. I am running 1280 x 1024 on the same 19" monitor that I used Win2K, and
you almost can't read the very small text as it's so fuzzy. The Win2K font
was really "clean" and you could see tiny text - 3 point or less at 1280 x
1024.

Maybe this is a video driver issuue? It is a 3Dfx Voodoo III 3500 and Linux
detected it perfectly.

Any other thoughts would be appreciated.

Regards,
Brad