Xterminal freezing on KDE

Eric N. Valor ericv at cruzio.com
Fri May 24 00:43:04 BST 2002

Howdy folks:

I'm setting up a new system and have an interesting problem where any time
I start an Xterm (either xterm, konsole or gnome-terminal) the whole system
completely locks up for 30-60 seconds.  Then, when in the Xterm and
scrolling (like, while compiling a kernel) the system freezes and the
scrolling text goes by **very** slowly.  When its all done the system comes
back to regular life.

This only happens in Xterms.  Using Konqueror, Mozilla, Netscape, or any
other window function works normal.

I'm using Debian Potato upgraded to the "testing" packages with a 2.4.18
kernel.

Any ideas?
--
Eric N. Valor
ericv at cruzio.com
PGP Key 2048/1024 227B04CB
Key Fingerprint = 766C CA15 0FFF E54B 2FEE  C7D7 0F87 3AFB 227B 04CB

: This Space Intentionally Left Blank :