kmail and spamassassin

David Partain David.Partain at ericsson.com
Wed May 22 13:44:09 BST 2002

Greetings,

I am almost certainly doing something stupid, so please bear with
me and be kind :-)

I use kmail 1.4 on SuSE 7.3 in a KDE 3.0 that I compiled up
myself from source.

In any case, I ran across spamassassin yesterday and found the
note at http://kmail.kde.org/download.html explaining how to
use them together.

spamassassin seems to work fine.  If I save a message to a file
and do "cat file | spamassassin -P" it spits out the file with
all of the spam warnings.

However, with the filter set up as described at
http://kmail.kde.org/download.html nothing seems to happen.

Here's the filter entry in the kmailrc:

[Filter #0]
StopProcessingHere=false
action-args-0=/usr/bin/spamassasin -P
action-name-0=filter app
actions=1
apply-on=check-mail,manual-filtering
contentsA=.
fieldA=<any header>
funcA=regexp
name=<<any header>>:.
operator=and
rules=1

When I incorporate new mail, kmail spits out:

kmail: ####### KMFilter::process: going to apply action pipe through "/usr/bin/spamassasin -P"

but nothing happens to the message.

Can anyone see what (obvious) thing am I missing?  I'm sure
it'll leave me red in the face...

Thanks much.

dlp