Keymaps

Phil Dibowitz phil at ipom.com
Sat May 18 00:14:55 BST 2002

Hey all...

Thanks to Griz I've get KDE much more under control now...

But I have one more question for you all. I want to make a few custom keymaps.
In Solaris under CDE, I knew the "KEYSYMNAME" such as "SunFront," for example.
I tried making a keymapping on my Linux box (using the right keycodes), and it
didn't complain at the "SunFront" - but it didn't do anything either.

I'm assuming XFree86 and/or KDE have a different set of event names. Does
anyone know where I could find such a list of event names? Most importantly
I'm looking for the event name to bring a window to the 'top,' but I'd like a
list because there are other keymapings I do as well.

Also, in CDE, one can restart the window manager without restarting XSun to
make your keymaps (and other things) take effect. I can't find such an option
(short of switching window managers, or killing it and restaring it) - is one
available in KDE?

Thanks,
Phil
deserve neither liberty nor safety."