Yopy

darren darren at enjoyns.com
Thu May 9 00:02:26 BST 2002

Good day
I am faced with a small problem and was wondering if anyone here can help.
This is not a KDE problem, I have yet to have any serious problems with KDE.
This is concerning a Yopy. I have been trying to connect the two via usb. I
have found a kernel module "yopy.0" which apparently has been considered
stable enough to work. I ran the following scripts

exec /usr/sbin/pppd /dev/usb/ttyUSB0 115200 \
:192.168.0.2 ms-dns 192.168.0.1 \
noauth proxyarp ktune \
local debug \
connect "/usr/sbin/chat -v -s TIMEOUT 600 CLIENT CLIENTSERVER" \
 -detach
This on the "host" machine seems to work, waiting for a client for 600 seconds

next on the yopy, it has been suggested I run this
#!/bin/sh
exec /usr/sbin/pppd notty 115200 \
defaultroute usepeerdns local debug \
connect "/usr/sbin/chat TIMEOUT 10 '' '\rCLIENT' CLIENTSERVER" \
 -detach >/dev/yopy-usb </dev/yopy-usb

This , I was told, would make a connection..
anyway it crashes when run, and I am really confused for I lack the knowledge
of scripts when it comes to the last few lines to make any sense of it

connect "/usr/sbin/chat TIMEOUT 10 '' '\rCLIENT' CLIENTSERVER" \
 -detach >/dev/yopy-usb </dev/yopy-usb

connect ? is this a command?  and the " marks around the command confuse me
as well. Any help here is appreciated.
Darren Mossman
NS
Canada