ZIP 100 Drive

Luke Hamilton lucas at webone.com.au
Wed May 8 11:02:11 BST 2002

  Yo dude, attached is i script for installing a parallel zip drive. The
script has been written for red hat, so you mite need to edit it a bit.

Good luck.
L.

Ian Porter wrote:

>Thanks for the reply, sorry about being slightly of topic.
>
>The Zip drive is a parallel one, I assume that the /dev/sda4 means a
>serial device or does it mean a SCSI device?
>
>Thanks
>Ian

>Howzit;
>
>>hi there
>>
>>I am running Mandrake 8.2, and I am trying to get an ZIP 100 external
>>
>disk
>
>>drive to work.  Harddrake is unable to detect the ZIP drive (below is
>>
>my
>
>>/etc/fstab file),  I have read on the web that the zip drive should be
>>
>at
>
>>/dev/sda4 but I have checked and there is no file in the /dev
>>
>directory.
>
>>Any advice would be nice
>>Ian
>>
>>#file fstab
>>/dev/hdb2 / ext3 defaults 1 1
>>none /dev/pts devpts mode=0620 0 0
>>none /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0
>>/dev/hdb7 /home ext3 defaults 1 2
>>/mnt/cdrom /mnt/cdrom supermount
>>dev=/dev/hdc,fs=iso9660,ro,--,iocharset=iso8859-15 0 0
>>/mnt/cdrom2 /mnt/cdrom2 supermount
>>dev=/dev/scd0,fs=iso9660,ro,--,iocharset=iso8859-15 0 0
>>/mnt/floppy /mnt/floppy supermount
>>dev=/dev/fd0,fs=vfat,--,iocharset=iso8859-15,umask=0,sync,codepage=850
>>
>0 0
>
>>/dev/hda1 /mnt/win_c vfat iocharset=iso8859-15,umask=0,codepage=850 0
>>
>0
>
>>/dev/hdb5 /mnt/win_c2 vfat iocharset=iso8859-15,umask=0,codepage=850 0
>>
>0
>
>>none /proc proc defaults 0 0
>>/dev/hdb6 swap swap defaults 0 0
>>

>First you must let us know if drive is paraller or SCSI. You must also
>know if
>it is SCSI device number. Look on back side of ZIP drive there is a
>switch
>with device numbers. Anyway this question is a bit off topic here.
>
>- --
>*IN ROOT WE TRUST!*
>Marian Stepka mailto:stepka at tris.sk
>If you would like to support me buy me anything from my wish list at
>http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/wishlist/UOEKRXWFAFPX/

Luke K Hamilton
Phone: 041 4822626
Snail mail: Po Box 382, Civic Square, ACT 2608
Email: luke.hamilton at webone.com.au <mailto:%20luke.hamilton at webone.com.au>
GPG: Public key on request
ICQ: 48745076
MSN: luke_hamilton29 at hotmail.com <mailto:%20luke_hamilton29 at hotmail.com>