Downloader for X issues

Micah R L lassloc at hotpop.com
Wed May 8 02:44:24 BST 2002

I use Web Downloader for X, a GTK app that works better under gnome than
kde. Under gnome, the DnD (Drag n Drop) Basket is hidden from the
taskbar, but under KDE it shows up. Also, under gnome, when the DnD
Basket is up, I can minimize windows by clicking on their taskbar icons,
which doesn't work under KDE. Finally, under gnome, it is automatically
sticky... under KDE I have to do that manually.

I could fix the stickyness problem and the minimization problem if I
could make KDE "store settings" on the DnD Basket (the minimization
problem can be fixed if I check "always on top").

Now, there IS a "store settings" action in KDE, however, this is only
accessible by right-clicking on the title bar, and is NOT accessible by
right clicking on the taskbar icon. Because the DnD Basket is not
managed by kwin, it does not have a title bar, and I can only access
this via the task bar.

So, here are my questions:
1) Is there any way to save the settings of the DnD Basket, without
using the titlebar?
2) Is there any way to make the taskbar always ignore certain windows?

Thanks

 - Micah