Oh no!

cr cr at orcon.net.nz
Sun May 5 01:29:23 BST 2002

On Friday 03 May 2002 19:33, Joshua Adam Ginsberg wrote:
> I've worked out using a combination of everything. I think KDE has
> better foundational tools (e.g. Konq for file/network browsing, KPackage
> for RPM management, Ark for compression, etc.) but I think GNOME has got
> more killer apps. I have KDE as my desktop to take advantage of
> anti-aliasing (I'll give GNOME another chance when and if GNOME2 ever
> comes out) and for Konq as a file manager. I use Evolution for mail,
> Galeon to browse, Gaim for instant messaging, GIMP for graphics, and
> OpenOffice for office functions. I even use gnome-terminal over whatever
> KDE's equivalent is (I didn't use it lnog enough to remember the name).
> I use those because I think they're the best tools for each of their
> respective jobs. There's nothing wrong with running GNOME apps within
> KDE. Just invest in a little extra memory and you're fine.
>
> -jag

On the subject of killer apps, better mention Quanta (a KDE app) for HTML
authoring.

I run Gnome with Opera as a browser (with Konq as a backup), and Kmail, via
KPPP as the dialler, and the rest either Gnome or KDE apps depending
whichever is convenient, and they all seem to work together just fine.
Which is really as it should be.

cr