Oh no!

Joshua Adam Ginsberg rainman at owlnet.rice.edu
Fri May 3 08:40:53 BST 2002

I've worked out using a combination of everything. I think KDE has
better foundational tools (e.g. Konq for file/network browsing, KPackage
for RPM management, Ark for compression, etc.) but I think GNOME has got
more killer apps. I have KDE as my desktop to take advantage of
anti-aliasing (I'll give GNOME another chance when and if GNOME2 ever
comes out) and for Konq as a file manager. I use Evolution for mail,
Galeon to browse, Gaim for instant messaging, GIMP for graphics, and
OpenOffice for office functions. I even use gnome-terminal over whatever
KDE's equivalent is (I didn't use it lnog enough to remember the name).
I use those because I think they're the best tools for each of their
respective jobs. There's nothing wrong with running GNOME apps within
KDE. Just invest in a little extra memory and you're fine.

-jag

--
****** Please take note: Since my Rice email address will
be discontinued in a month or two, I'm switching over to
Rice University '02	       Email: joshg at myrealbox.com
St. Mark's School of Texas '98
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The
decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling
which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse."
  - John Stuart Mill