ssh tunnelling /w konqueror

cryptopia cryptopia at subdimension.com
Fri May 3 00:20:15 BST 2002

On Thursday 02 May 2002 06:06 pm, daniel wrote:
> launched kde on my local box
> ssh'd into my other linux box on the other side of town
> and then launched konqueror from that box

Yes, same results here.

I use ssh for my wife's computer on our home network. Her P100 cannot handle
KDE, so I launch X on her computer w/o a windowmanager and then I ssh into my
computer, log in as her and launch startkde. KDE opens up and she has
complete access to all of her files, etc, from her computer. By exporting the
session from my computer to hers she has all of the speed that my computer
can offer even on her slow computer.