Setting file permissions

Shaun Jackman sjackman at shaw.ca
Sat Jun 29 08:41:43 BST 2002

I think you're on the right track with setting the umask. The problem
is that bashrc isn't sourced for KDE as a whole.

Just think about it a sec. KDE runs perfectly well without bash
installed, which means it can't rely on a bash configuration file to
configure itself. Sort of a catch-22.

Unfortunately, I can't tell you what the correct file is. Somebody
here might be able to tell you. Perhaps .xinitrc?

Cheers,
Shaun