Setting file permissions

Dylan dylan at dylan.me.uk
Sat Jun 29 14:21:09 BST 2002

OK, I put the umask 007 in the ~/.profile for a relevant user. Putting it in
/etc/profile would change it for all users which isn't what I want!

It still doesn't affect KDE, only a shell action. That is, typing 'touch test'
in a console creates a file with rw-rw---- (as desired), but kde still gives
rw-r--r-- (not desired)

So how do I get this to affect KDE on a per user basis?

Dylan