no antialiasing for Luxi fonts?

Denys Duchier Denys.Duchier at ps.uni-sb.de
Sat Jun 29 11:51:54 BST 2002

James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj at acm.org> writes:

>  > How is it possible that some truetype fonts get antialiased and
>  > others not?
>  >
> There are two possibilities:
>
> 1. They are in different directories and only one of them is listed in
> XftConfig.

that's not it.  The luxi fonts are in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF
which is listed first in XftConfig

> 2. There are specific instructions in XftConfig not to anti-alias some
> of them.

that's not it either.  I even added specific instructions to turn on
antialiasing for them (just in case), to no avail.

I can't make any sense of it.

Cheers,

Dr. Denys Duchier			Denys.Duchier at ps.uni-sb.de
Forschungsbereich Programmiersysteme	(Programming Systems Lab)
Universitaet des Saarlandes, Geb. 45	http://www.ps.uni-sb.de/~duchier
Postfach 15 11 50			Phone: +49 681 302 5618
66041 Saarbruecken, Germany		Fax:   +49 681 302 5615