Konqi vs IE

cr cr at orcon.net.nz
Fri Jun 28 09:19:01 BST 2002

On Friday 28 June 2002 05:45, Rikard "DustPuppy" Johnels wrote:
> Mozilla may be great, so may Netscape.
> But untill HTML-scriptkiddes learn to use PROPER html and such.. IE will
> still be "needed" :(
>
> My bank doesnt handle Netscape OR mozilla OR Konq. Some stupid Javautility
> that ONLY works under IE.
> And untill coders start to understand that IE isn't the only browser out
> here....
>
> I had to install vmware with a win2k instalation just to get to those
> "extra-special-mega-ms-influenced" pages....  *sigh*

If my bank's pages wouldn't work under Netscape / Opera / something for
Linux, then I'd be bombarding them with complaints but I would NOT be
installing anything to run Mickey$oft's proprietary code.    I didn't go to
all the effort of learning Linux just to let M$ back onto my computer....

The way I see it, if we don't squawk whenever someone does something like
that, they'll never change.

cr