KDE CVS compile problem in KDEBase

Dan Stone dan at headzofstate.com
Wed Jun 26 07:52:29 BST 2002

So I was messing around today and downloaded the current CVS version of
KDE...compiled arts and kdelibs no problem...got to kdebase, and got the
following error in compilation:

make[3]: Entering directory '/home/dan/kdecvs/kdebase/doc/kaddressbook'
/usr/kdecvs//bin/meinproc --check --cache index.cache.bz2 ./index.docbook
index.docbook:7: error: failed to load external entity "dtd/kdex.dtd"
]>

(whole slew of errors follows, relating to not being able to find that file
I'd bet)

'locate kdex.dtd' comes up with the following: (after updating the db)
/home/dan/kdecvs/kdelibs/kdoctools/customization/dtd/kdex.dtd
/home/dan/kdecvs/kdelibs/kdoctools/customization/obsolete/kdex.dtd
(Those are from the kdelibs cvs source still sitting in my home dir)
/usr/share/apps/ksgmltools2/customization/dtd/kdex.dtd
(from my current KDE 3.0.1 install)
/usr/kdecvs/share/apps/ksgmltools2/customization/dtd/kdex.dtd
/usr/kdecvs/share/apps/ksgmltools2/customization/obsolete/kdex.dtd

So...what's goin on here? =P  Is there a way to tell meinproc where to look
for this file?  Am I missing something important?  Or is the CVS currently a
bit borked and I should just try again maybe tomorrow? =)

For reference, I'm running a kinda home-built linux install (based from the
linuxfromscratch.org installation), under kernel 2.4.18 and X 4.2.0 =)

Thanks!
~D.A. Stone