Disappeared! Task Bar Icons

Peter B Van Campn peterb924 at ameritech.net
Fri Jun 21 15:38:06 BST 2002

Hi ALL,

After a reboot my KDE 3.0.1-1 'lost' the ability to show the running
tasks/programs on the task bar. These are the small rectangular buttons with
the program name that 'sit' on the taskbar and when clicked mininumize or
restore that program, ie if you have 3 'Shell-Konsoles' running there will be
1 box on the bar and clicking it will show a line for each 'Shell-Konsole'
and a number, clicking a line restores that Shell Konsole.  Well these are no
longer there!

I have found that if you rt click the bar and goto ADD > Special Button >
Window List you get an icon on the bar that when clicked gives a verticle
list of the running programs that you can select to restore that prog to the
desktop, but this is less convienient. I really want the 'bar items' back and
I really want to know how this feature got lost, and how to make it come
back!

SuSE 8.0 up to date via YOU, kernel 2.4.18-64GB-SMP, KDE 3.0.1-1 up to date
via YOU as of today. Other users logons still have the tasks/windows icons on
the bar.

Any ideas?   All help appreciated!

Thanks .......... PeterB