(no subject)

Faissal ABDALLAH abdallah.faissal at wanadoo.fr
Fri Jun 21 16:28:06 BST 2002

hi,
thanks all (especially lauri) for ur help but can anyone give me a hint about what is the best way on installing the new ports in freebsd 4.5 cause it ships only with kde 2.2.2 and i didn't updated the ports yet... some of the questions might be silly or simle for a lot of u... so i'm hoping that u won't be laghing at me ;-)

	1. i have previously copied all of the kde 3.0 tarballs (.tgz) from a mirror ftp (as lauri asked me) and copied them on a CD, what should i do to make them work? i don't know how to update ports, any hints, docs for this update would be highly appreciated

	2. i noticed during the installation that i need to run "ldconfig -m ...." so that shared library contains the qt and after a reboot every thing i did is lost. how can i include all my shared libraries on system boot?

	3. i use the bash shell and i configured in the .profile to include some PATH directory and every thing goes well logging in as simple user but when i "su" no more additionnal path is seen!

one last thing, please cc me cause i'm not in the list