Using WM's other than KWin?

CiAsA S'Nuey Boark ciasaboark at telocity.com
Mon Jun 17 23:28:54 BST 2002

On Tuesday 18 June 2002 01:02 am, Dan Stone wrote:
> Once in a while I keep reading references to using other window managers
> other than KWin with KDE -- what is involved in changing this setting

Easy enough, just do:
	vi `which startkde`
at the bottom of the file you will see a line that looks like:
	kwrapper ksmserver --restore || <snip a bit>
change that to:
	kwrapper ksmserver --restore --windowmanager $window_manager || <snip a bit>

Also, please make sure you don't reply to a current message when you start a
new topic, it messes up the threading.
--
You'd like to do it instantaneously, but that's too slow.

Jonathan Nelson [icq=56665957] [aim=ciasaboark]