Plugins (browsers)

Luciano Moreira -ig lucianomx at ig.com.br
Wed Jun 12 04:03:20 BST 2002

I'm having a lot of problems with KDE, related with browsers running plugins.

I already installed and updated my Operating System (conectiva linux 8.0) and
KDE to last version (3.0.1), but the problem persists.

Konqueror never run "web-objects" that needs plugins, it always say "can't..."
within box object. And all neededs plugins are recognized by it (in plugin
table)

Netscape can run "plugin web-objects" but it seems to stop running, locking
its window, and after about 1 minute it seems to load the plugin (or other
similar things) and run. The netscape do it for each "web-object" even being
the same plugin.

Can someone help me ?

PS: GNOME run all browsers and all plugins properly, except konqueror. But I
prefer and need the KDE.

Thanks,

Luciano M.