frameless konsole

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Mon Jun 3 02:58:51 BST 2002

Vladimir Blagojevic wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What is --noframe option supposed to do for konsole?  I hoped that it
> would create a decoration free window frame (no minimize,maximize and
> close buttons) but it doesn't?

You have to use: "kstart" for that:

	kstart --type <type>  konsole

Run:

	kstart --help

to see what types are available.  Try them, but there appears to be a
bug and I can't get a full screen with a type of Override.  That is:

kstart --type Override  konsole --geometry 1024x768-0-0

does not fill my 1024x768 screen.  You might be better off just to use
full screen mode with no scroll bar.

> The ultimate idea is to have a konosle that is transparent , without
> toolbar ,scrollbar and menubar so it can be as a log viewer built into
> the desktop.

You can turn off all of the bars with either settings or command line
options.  Run:

	konsole --help-all

There is an omission, there is no command line option for full
screen.James Richard Tyrer wrote:

--
JRT