Shutdown on logout

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Wed Jul 24 06:46:52 BST 2002

Dylan wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've got two machines set to auto-login. (They have internet access via
> gateway, and no local network access.) I'd like to get KDE (3.0.1) to
> auto-shutdown when the user logs out.
>
> That's OK if the logout confirmation box is displayed, but I cant get it to
> happen when I disable the confirmation - the option is reset to "Log in as
> different user" which is EXACTLY what I want to obscure.

You can have a file which is normally:

"$KDEDIR/share/config/kdm/Xreset"

XDM has this as default, but with KDM you need to add it to: "kdmrc"
because the default is: "".

[X-*-Core]

Reset=/usr/kde3/share/config/kdm/Xreset

Then you need in this file:

#!/bin/bash
halt

and the file must be executable: 755 is normal.

Hope this works.

--
JRT