libsmb problem

Antony Gelberg gelberg at nortelnetworks.com
Mon Jul 22 16:44:02 BST 2002

Hi all,

I have just built and installed KDE 3.0.2.  I want to use LAN browsing, but
don't have Samba on my machine.  I did install libsmb as recommended, as I
was told that this would give enough functionality for LAN browsing to work.

Anyway, when I type in smb://hostname/dir, it doesn't work.  I toook a quick
look in the source, and it seems not to have built that directory, as I don't
have smbclient (which I thought I didn't need!).

Can someone out there please shed some light on this?  How is the libsmb
functionality used in the KDE code?  I can provide more info if necessary.

Thanks,

Tony

Antony Gelberg              | Email: gelberg at nortelnetworks.com
Software Engineer           | Ext: 3830  ESN: 6-742-3830
Passport Voice Gateway      | Phone: +44(0)1279 403830
Nortel Networks             | http://www-pde/~gelberg