WOW. . .those screenshots of 3.1Alpha are fantastic

Mary Stamper mstamper77 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 14 17:07:31 BST 2002

All true enough....except in my last company, the IT people DID know. We presented a proposal to
management and the response we got , was "Oh no....we have to stay with the mainstream". Upon
further probing, it seemed that 1) fear of the unknown was a great big factor, 2) fear of having
inadequate tech support was a great big factor (they have no confidence in user-based
support.....they want (an are likely willing to pay for) an official support orgranization 3) fear
of the cost of retraining employees on staroffice or openoffice or whatever office was a huge
factor, and lastly 4) fear of not being able to painlessly read MS office documents or flawlessly
export documents that could be read by MS Office was a major factor and along the same lines, a
huge resistence to having to even be cognizant of the the existence of multiple office systems
(export vs. save commands for example) was a huge problem.