konqueror doesn't honor FilePattern from .desktop

Alexander Lazarevic Alexander at Lazarevic.de
Tue Jul 23 18:16:19 BST 2002

Am Dienstag, 23. Juli 2002 17:13 schrieb Kevin Krammer:
> I don't think the FIlePattern entry is correct here.

I think it is valid in there because in (1) it says:

"FilePattern: a list of regular expressions to match against for a file
manager to determine if this entry's icon should be displayed. Usually simply
the name of the main executable and friends."

> Do you have a .destop for x-visualworks-image in
> /usr/share/mimelnk/application?

Sure I do.

> mimelnk files can have file pattern in the Patterns entry (see any of the
> already existing files there for reference)

They all have a *Patterns* entry and not a *FilePattern* entry.

"Patterns: if entry is type MimeType, various file name extensions associated
with the MIME type."

Alex

PS: Is there a more up to date version of (1) around?

(1)http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/desktop-entry-spec/desktop-entry-spec.html
--
"After God created the world, he made man and woman. Then, to keep the
whole thing from collapsing, he invented humor." -- Mordillo.