[kde]

Michael Adam micada at web.de
Wed Jul 17 22:31:01 BST 2002

Am Mittwoch, 17. Juli 2002 10:41 schrieb Frank Reifenstahl:

> > and later Frank wrote:
> > > Three times no. SuSE 8.0, its included XFree 4.2 (Build 64), download
> > > of KDE 3.0.2 (SuSE-binaries).
> >
> > You forgot to tell us which graphics card you use.
>
> ATI Rage 128 RL/VR AGP
In my box: Same Card, same error.
Seems to be a X bug with GL-Driver I guess, because that did not happen as
long as I run the default  i386-kernel of RedHat Linux 7.3 that has drm
support  for ATI Rage128 *not* enabled (now I now why) run stable for weeks,
changing to i586 kernel with drm-support ( also if recompiled by myself)
system hangs once a day or more often, when more or less excessive  using the
mouse.
But as far as I can see this only happens to kde-apps, not mozilla nor
openoffice!?