WOW. . .those screenshots of 3.1Alpha are fantastic

cr cr at orcon.net.nz
Mon Jul 15 08:48:25 BST 2002

The old spurious "IBM compatible" syndrome rears its head again.

Regardless of the fact that employees need retraining every time M$ pushes a
new version of its software, that the official support is (so I hear)
absolutely useless, that Windoze2000 outputs docs that can't be read in Win95
apps unless you do a special 'export' anyway.....    ALL these criticisms
apply as between different versions of M$.    But the management prefer not
to notice that.

I agree, even if our IT people did know all about Linux (which they don't),
they'd run into an insurmountable obstacle in our management - most of whom
actually know less about computer use than the lowliest accounts clerk.
What can be done about this, other than the ever-popular idea of shooting the
management, I don't know.   ;)

cr