Changing virtual desktop size

Try KDE trykde at rogers.com
Mon Jul 15 02:15:29 BST 2002

This is probably a X window question, rather than KDE. Question:
During installing Redhat 7.3 and KDE 3.0,  I chose the  resolution as
1024*768.  After installation, I decided to switch to 800*600. I don't
know how to do it in any GUI tools, so I directly changed
/etc/X11/XF86Config-4 in its "Display" subsection.  Now the problem is ,
when I enter KDE again (by startx), the virtual desktop size is still
1024*768, which causes me  have to move the cursor beyond screen
boundary in order to see the whole desktop. I know some people might
appreciate this feature, but i'd rather to change it 800*600.  Any
suggestions?

Thanks,
-tk.